Jan 28, 2014

Weekend Update

As a stylist, I knew going into the world of hair that my weekends wouldn't be the typical Saturday and Sunday. My weekends are Sunday and Monday. I love that I don't have the usual resentment most people feel about Mondays. Saturdays are different. While I am working away, I get so jealous of the posts on my newsfeed of people out enjoying their families, shopping, etc. I accepted that I would be dealing with that 8 years ago when I started cosmetology school. For the most part I really enjoy my weekends. I'm sure as the boys get older and are involved in activities that take place on Saturdays I will feel differently but for now I like to relax while everyone else is stressing about Mondays.


So Monday, Cory and I were both off work and totally NOT feeling the whole "eating good" thing. So we loaded up the boys and went to Cracker Barrel where we ate our weight in country fried everything. It was amazing. Lunch was a "snack" of McDonalds and dinner was Chick-fil-A complete with a cookies and cream milkshake. By bedtime, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I felt terrible. It's amazing how quickly your body gets used to "real food". So even though there are days that I crave to eat every fast food place out of business, I love the feeling that I got last night. That feeling that I can't wait to eat my salad and stay UNDER my calories.  Although I still haven't exercised, mentally I am feeling pretty good with where my motivation is. Today I am feeling patient.


No comments:

Post a Comment